eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

2000 Nissan Frontier: a schematic diagram and parts list..assembly

Customer Question

Where can I find a schematic diagram and parts list for the 2000 Nissan Frontier instrument cluster (circuit card assembly)?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
HERE is a schematic. Hope it is what you are looking for.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That is not a schematic diagram. It is a wiring diagram that only shows limited connectivity on the circuit board. I already have this information - it came on the CD I purchased from Nissan. I am looking for the schematic diagram that will allow me to troubleshoot the circuit card. The one that shows all the resisitors, transistor, diodes and the main chip all connected together. And I also asked for a parts list for the circuit card so that I can order replacement parts for the circuit card.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Oh, sorry, can't help you. we don't rebuild them, we replace them. I will open this back up for the other experts,but It isn't likely you will get the information you are requesting since it isn't even in the factory manual.
Sorry I was unable to help you today, hopefully one of the others will have the info for you. please don't reply or it will lock the post to me and they won't be able to respond.
Expert:  eric replied 6 years ago.

analog or digital readouts?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The guages are analog, and the trip meter is digital.

Expert:  eric replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  eric replied 6 years ago.

nissan doesnt have a break down of resistors or diodes for the circuit board as they do not repair them. They replace them or send them out to IP cluster repair shops.

what is provide above is all nissan provides for replacement parts for the IP cluster
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Somebody somewhere has the schematics and parts list for the circuit cards. The IP cluster repair shops would not be able to repair the the instrument clusters without them. That is what I am looking for.
Expert:  eric replied 6 years ago.

well, they are not available out of Nissan FACTORY service manuals or parts catalogues. Most IP cluster repair shops have to special order them thru Nissan. You can contact Nissan for them, but expect to pay high dollar.

There are absolutely no Free source manuals for this.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't expect to get the schematics and parts list for free, but I would like to know where to get them. That was the original question.
Expert:  eric replied 6 years ago.

you can either contact a company that repairs IP clusters and request their source and/or to pay them for a hard copy, or contact Nissan corporate headquarters to do buy one from them. You will probably find it easier to obtain thru a repair company as Nissan usually doesnt sell this type of proprietary information to the general public

sorry, but that is the best anyone here can tell. I understand it doesnt directly help you or answer your question and do not expect you to pay for this information. Wish I could help you more, but as Nissan doesnt repair their own IP clusters they just dont provide what you need to the dealers or general repair shops.