Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Random misfire detected code p0300

Customer Question
random misfire detected code p0300
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2011
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 6 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
HI there! Does the car use any coolant? Does it run rough at first start then do ok during the rest of the day?
yes the car does use coolant and it runs rough when it first starts and runs fine doing the rest of the day. Then for two days i have to change the spark plugs again
Ok, I suspect you have a bad head gasket. It is very common on these. What you can do to check is pressure test the cooling system for one hour, then pull the plugs and take a flashilght and look at the tops of the pistons. One or more is likely going to have some antifreeze on the top of it. If it does, then the head gasket is the culprit.
is it possible that it can be the core pack or crank sensor becasue spark plugs are wet when i pull them out
It isn't likely a coil problem, however if the mass air flow sensor isn't working properly that could make the car run rich.
Normally the issue is coolant doesn't burn. You could even try looking at the pistons after the car sits overnight. If it is using coolant however it is likely the head gasket sorry to say.
so changing the head gasket would solve the problem?
spark plugs also smell like gas all the time
It seems likely, however I would want you to test it first to be 100% certain it is the culprit.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician