Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Anti theft reset, lost remote for alarm/locks..wont start

Customer Question
Anti theft reset, lost remote...
Anti theft reset, lost remote for alarm/locks and locked the vehicle. Now it wont start, is there any kind of reset?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Nissan
12/27/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 7 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
Hi there! does the engine crank and not start or no cranking at all?
No crank at all!
Ok, try this to reset the system.
CLose the hood and all doors. Lock the truck using the lock button on the master switch driver side.
Then wait 30 seconds and unlock the door with the key. Wait 30 more and then open the door. This should reset the system so the truck will start.
Let me know!
I am not at the vehicle! I am headed back to it now! I will let you know if it works!
Let me know!
Sorry that didnt work! I tried the same scenario twice.
Ok, so the lights are flashing and the horn is going off when you open the door?
originally yes! As stated, I pulled and replaced all fuses and disconnected battery and reconnected. now, I can enter the vehicle without horns and lights. when I turn ignition, dash lights up but no crank?
Ok, it doesn't make sense, can you make a small jumper wire and install it if I tell you where on the truck to put it? You will have to remove the lower panel under the steering wheel as well.
Im afraid I dont have the resources for that at the moment, traveling with no tools and nothing to make a jumper with!
ok, and it is a factory security system we are dealing with? Does it click or anything when you turn the key?
nothing, I have had this situation before and was able the pull a fuse on the panel under the steering wheel and it would start. this time nothing doing? yes it is a factory system.
Well, I can't see where pulling one of the 3 fuses for the system would do anything here.
At this point with no tools I can only suggest trying the passenger side door and see if that lock will turn the alarm off.
Otherwise, look under the dash for a black box that is held in with tie straps just in case it is an aftermarket setup that you don't know about. If it is you could likley unplug it.
Thanks for your help, I will have to get ahold of somebody here locally!
You are very welcome! If it won't reset like it is suppose to you may have a bigger problem.
You can get them to run a jump wire from pin # XXXXX to #4 on the security relay and it should start.
Here is the location of the relay. If you un plug the relay and look at the bottom it is numbered.
graphic
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician