Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2005 Nissan Maxima: spark plugs..I need to remove the intake plenum

I am trying to replace...
I am trying to replace the spark plugs in my 2005 Nissan Maxima. Do I need to remove the intake plenum in order to complete this job?
11/2/2010
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Jay :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

Yes, the intake plenum needs to be removed to access the back 3 plugs

Customer :

How would I go about doing that?

Jay :

Do you need directions?

Customer :

Yeah and when I take it off will I need to replace any rubber gaskets?

Jay :

HERE are the directions on how to remove the plenum. Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Sorry chat system crashed. It is not to bad to pull the plenum. I would say you could have everything done with in a hour or two. Give me a few to give you the plenum break down so you can remove it. You don't need to replace the rubber gasket either.

I will be back in a few. Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician