Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1994 nissan pickup: wont start..bench tested..there a relay or fuse…

Customer Question
1994 nissan pickup won't start...
1994 nissan pickup won't start. Have good battery and connection, pulled starter and had bench tested, it check ok. Is there a relay or fuse that would go out where it started one day, the next it clicked a few times then started, now will not start.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Nissan
9/9/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Rick, Nissan Master Technician replied 7 years ago
Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician

Hi my name isXXXXX will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to click ACCEPT

Is your truck a manual transmission or an automatic

It is manual transmission. My daughter drives the truck. It will start by rolliing and popping the clutch but not with normal "key turn" procedures. Thanks

Many times on a manual transmission the starter won't engage because of the starter relay , it is a large blue relay with two connectors on it located on the right hand side of the engine compartment near the battery on one of the connectors the wires a re a larger gage and have I believe a black/pink wire and a black/yellow wire that go to the starter solenoid

here is an illustration of the location of the interlock relay I think if you replace it your starter will work again it is a pretty common problem graphic

Rick
Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician