Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2005 nissan frontier no start no crank code p1706 no reverse

2005 nissan frontier no start no crank code p1706 no reverse lights suspect park nuetral switch but i can not find one. can you help?
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

You already have a open question that I have been waiting for a response from you.

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3w6iq-05-nissan-frontier-code-1706-tran-shift-problem-rpm-will-go

Lets contiune on the question you first posted.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK i had to find out what kind of fluid.So i went back to the garage and he said nissan fluid but that cooler was cracked.So i replaced radiator had fluid flushed.Two days after i got it back.Still have code p1706 and now it wont start.noticed that revrse lights dont work either.
There are 4 to 5 different Nissan Trans fluids. Plus there is issues with trans coolers failing and when this happens it contaminates the trans and causes transmission problems or failure.

How many miles on this truck and do you know what kind of Nissan fluid was used?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we used the fluid that nissan parts man,who i trust gave me the proper fluid for my trans, said is used in that transmision.65,000 miles and the cooler has bin replaced.does this tran have a inhibitor switch ?or is this controled by TCM control module?If so, if it is replaced, does it have to be reprogramed?
The TCM controls everything in the trans, and is built into the transmission. Since your just above the power train warranty, I would contact Nissan and see if they can help you since this has become a known issue at 1-800-Nissan-1. I would see if they can good will the trans for you cause it sounds like your transmission may have failed due to the cooler failing and contaminating the trans. I have dealt with this at work, and on here. I have recommend this to customers on here and at work, and Nissan will good will transmissions. The last customer I helped on here that I recommend going this route, got Nissan to pay for the trans also after they replaced the radiator.

What is happening is that the fluid Nissan used for there transmissions " Mastic J " was eating away the trans cooler. So Nissan discontinued it and replaced it with " Matic S"
. Nissan is aware of this issue and that is why I am recommending you call them and ask for there assistance with your transmission. Once the trans is contaminated from the coolant, it's just a matter of time before it fails. So I think you have more going on that just a simple thing.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!