Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nissan quest: blowing..The fuses seem ok..engine compartment..resistor…

Customer Question
I have a nissan quest...
I have a nissan quest 2005 - the a/c is cooling and blowing in the rear but the front blower has stopped, it first failed on full then juist stopped altogether. The fuses seem ok, there is a relay in the engine compartment - could it be that that has failed, also is there an additional resistor under the glove compartment like olderr models?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/29/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Fuses #28 and fuse #30 in the fusible link box. This is located under the hood by the battery.These are good?
All fuses are good I have the resistor and rely unit found under the hood - but cant tell if it is good. It kind of failed after an internmitten fault and the dial still turns the rear air on and off, it is just the front air that has failed
Ok the most common issue is the resistor or blower motor itself is bad.If you connect the blower motor to direct power and it operates without noise then the blower motor is good and the resistor is bad and needs to be replaced.

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Hi

Where is the resistor - is it the brown one at the front of the fuse box in the engine compartment next to the left of the battery?

I do not know how to connect the blower motor to direct power?
Just use direct power and ground from the battery to run the blower motor .This is the resistor.

Standard Blower Motor Resistor

Hoped this helped.

OK - the a/c relay and resistor in the fuse box is part number 25230-79964 - that is a square brown relay - there is another resistor then - where exactly is that located please? I will leave you alone then - I do not even know where th blower motor is located either?
It is located in the center of the dash. Up on top have to remove the instrument panel to get to it.The panel pops off the resistor is there also .

Hoped this helped.

Do you still need help?
Yes please

I have the dash off but can not see anything for a relay - resistor or anything else?
Ok you see the blower motor correct?Look behind glove box for the resistor might have posted wrong year let me double check.
No no blower motor just the vent - I think it must be behind the glove box

What is the resistior and relay in the engine compartment for next to the battery - that says blower motor under the lid - it is a nissan quest 2005
No thats just the relay and these dont usually go bad the resistor behind the glove box is what goes bad or the blower motor.
I have the glove box out but cant see it - the blower motor is to the upper left? I have looked down from the top and from the underside and cant see where it would be?
Ok can you see if the blower runs with direct power .
No - I am not that technical - but I think it is the resistor because it ran fine on mediam but not high before it blew altogether
It's behind and under the glove box and the resistor board extends into the air stream from the blower.Should be there .If not try changing the under hood but thats just the relay.
<p>Relist: Inaccurate answer. </p><p>The blower motor resistor is not located under the dash as indicated, can anyone else tell me where it is located on a 2005 Quest (Detailed description please) I have removed the glove box and can not see it - does anyine havea picture of where exactly it is? Thanks</p>
It is located behind glove box to the left on the air box assembly you did not see it?