Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Nissan Murano: drivers door lock..unlock..alarm will sound…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Nissan...
I have a 2005 Nissan Murano. The drivers door lock will not function properly,with the remote control.
My main problem is unless I unlock the door with the key the alarm will sound. I have checked and the lock is not locking with remote control. The electronics are working but the door lock actuator is not moving the lock as required.

I have noticed that when it rains it seems to work well. Ithere a possability of binding that needs lubrication ?

Please help lead me in the right direction.

I am very mechanical minded and build street rods for a hobby so I am most capable of any task required.

Thanks, Joe
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/28/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
OK you need to replace the drivers side actuator are you willing to try this repair.