Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 nissan frontier: replacing..glove box..evaporator box..models…

Customer Question
i have a 2004 nissan...
i have a 2004 nissan frontier 4 cyclinder. replacing thermal controlled amplifier, located behind glove box..cannot not find it. suppose to be inside evaporator box on other models.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/27/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Nathan, Nissan Technician replied 8 years ago
Nathan, Nissan Technician
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Just Answer.

The thermal control amp has a small white connector that is located on the outside of the box. Then from the connector a wire goes through a hole in the evap case and is attached to the temperature probe that is pressed into the evaporator.

Here is a picture of the location of the connector.
graphic
When replacing the thermistor (Also known as a Intake Sensor) is right behind the lower left hand corner of the glove box.

Here is another picture of how the thermister looks on the evap side.
graphic

Edited by Nathan on 6/27/2010 at 9:02 PM EST
How would you replace this TCA? I still cannot not see it, because I don't know if I have to take the houseing around the evaporator off? Do I? and if I do how do I? This is simple if u know what ure doing. Maybe I will take it to a mechanic.
Sorry for the delay in answering back. My internet and Phone service have been on the brink since yesterday. Today it is still hit and miss, so if I don't respond you will know why. As for replacing the amplifier. All you need to do is to remove the screws that hold the 2 plastic evap case halves together so that you can gently spread the case apart about 2 inches. The case is flexible enough to where you won't break it unless you get really aggressive with it. As you spread it apart simply reach in and pull out the thermisters probe from the coils of the evaporater. (Note where you removed it from some you can install the new one) The connector for the TCA is on the outside of the case while the actual temperature sensing portion of the TCA is on the inside of the case. If you are still having a problem I can take a picture of my own truck so that you have a nice real life photo of what to remove. Let me know if you need me to do this? Of course I won't be able to do this until tomorrow.