Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

99 Pathfinder: power locks..idiot..no interior lights, no dash lights…

Customer Question
99 Pathfinder. New battery...
99 Pathfinder. New battery, headlights work, but nothing else. No power locks, no "hey idiot" chime, no interior lights, no dash lights, and no start. Where should I start?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/27/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Chat Conversation Started
carguy1 :

HI there! Look closely at the 100 amp fusible link in the box next to the battery. Usually if you don't have all the electrical it is because the link has been blown. It has a clear top so you should be able to look through it with a flashlight and see if it is blown. There are also a bunch of 40 amp fusible links that should be checked as well. Take a look and let me know!

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Okay, t6hat definitely looks promising. I can see through the window at the top of the link, it looks like it might have blown. How do I oull it to replace it?
Which link is bad? The big one?
yeah, the 100 amp
Ok.This is a tough one. I have no diagrams for you so I have to try and explain it. This fuse is bolted into the box. You have to separate the sides of the box to access the bolts that hold it in.If you look closely at the box, you can see tabs that hold the relay section of the box, next to the links. You have to separate there to get to the bolts.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Thanks, I'll give that a try. You've more than earned your $9+, if I need more help, I'll come back.
you are very welcome and thank you for the accept and bonus!
so how do I leave feedback - your answer was dead on, and my truck runs again! Thanks again
I really am not sure about the feedback,but I am pleased it is all good!
$5.02 - my husband was totally disappointed that he didn't get to buy a new car.
LOL, I bet...so I did good or no??
Oh you did VERY good! I thiank you, and my two teenaged drivers thank you. With the $24,995 I saved, we'll get AAA. Thanks again.
Glad to hear it and you are very welcome! Have a great 4th