Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Suv wont turnover, lights and all electronics work, why isnt it…

Customer Question
suv won't turnover, lights and...
suv won't turnover, lights and all electronics work, why isn't it starting?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Chat Conversation Started
carguy1 :

HI there! Will the engine crank over? Do you hear a click or anything?

Customer:

nothing, it does say no key on info board? does that mean i need to use other key?

carguy1 :

Yes, it is not recognizing the key that you are using. I would start with a different key. If you try to much it could lock out both keys and leave you stranded

Customer:

i'm not with the vehicle, my wife is. she just called and said when she was loading boxes into the back, one of our kids locked the doors with the key and the drivers door was open, she got in then nothing happened. she hit unlocked on the key and BOOM, it started!! thanks for your time.

Customer:

cheers

Customer:

johnathan

carguy1 :

You are very welcome! I love a happy ending! Glad to hear it was that simple!