Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Jay, the starter came out just like you said... unfortunately…

Customer Question
Jay, the starter came out...
Jay, the starter came out just like you said... unfortunately an additional wire (stab in connection) came with it, and I can't find where it goes??? It looks like silicon came with it. Did I ruin a connection? It's black/white. is this a ground?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/26/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Can you take a picture of the wire and upload it to here and just copy and paste the link for me. Make it good for a day.

http://www.senduit.com/

Thanks Jay!
Jay, the wire is physically fused to the solenoid to the side of the 12mm power post. I've got the pic. It might not like a 4 meg file tho
Jay, the wire is physically fused to the solenoid to the side of the 12mm power post. I've got the pic. It might not like a 4 meg file tho... http://senduit.com/5f2ab8 I hope you get this
You didn't set the time for a day, so the picture expired.

Reload that picture and show me which wire you are talking about. Thanks Jay!
http://senduit.com/6cfffd
Thanks for the picture! Your ok! That is the signal wire connector that broke. That comes with the new starter. You just need to remove the broken part of the connector from the harness side. No worries unless you need to reuse the starter.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay, thats the problem, I cant find where the other end is... if it's a signal wire, I'm even more baffled...I don't see any stray open ended wiring
Locate the Oil Pressure Switch, the harness for the starter is off there some where.

Thanks Jay!