Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

93 Infiniti J30: accelerated..compressor..of the sensors..Dealership…

Customer Question
Hello everyone. I have a problem...
Hello everyone.

I have a problem with the air conditioning on my 93 Infiniti J30 ... the problem is that the car cool from time to time, usually when you start it never works, and after several power off/on then begins to cool, but on the other hand, when accelerated above 90km / h sometimes goes off again... only the FAN air, as if the compressor is turned off.

I took the car to several people who manage air conditioning systems, and have reviewed all of the sensors, and everything seems fine, what they recommend is to take the car to a Infiniti Dealership to review the computer, the problem is that the car is in Venezuela, and in the country there's no Infiniti Dealership.

Any help cooling my car is well appreciated.

Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/26/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Just reply to this and I will work on this answer for you later on.

Thanks Jay!

Ok, thanks a lot :)
Sorry for the late response. I have looked into this problem based on your description. The only thing I can possibly think of that can cause this problem is 2 things. The AC pressure sensor intermittently not working properly or the AC control unit. The dealer is not the only place that can do this repair. Nissan Dealers some time will work on these cars for you and out side repair shops. If your repair shop you have been dealing with can not figure this out, you may want to try another one. Wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion on this as well.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Thanks Jay, today for example, all day i was without AC ... but, in the night, i turn on the car, and after a few minutes, then the AC was working ... but, when the car was hot, then AC turn off again ... is like when is HOT then AC not working ...

There is something to check in the main unit? in some AC site, they tell to me that maybe something in the computer is wrong and send to turn off the compresor ... ... this is possible? ...

Thanks a lot.
That could be the pressure switch. I would make sure the proper amount of freon is in the car and check the pressure switch.