Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

backup warning system has stopped working...switch that activates

Customer Question

The backup warning system has stopped working. Light is on in switch that activates. Have followed directions on setting to no avail. Have also checked wiring and see no defects or problems.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN replied 8 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
JOHN :

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Nissan?
-What model is your Nissan?
-How many miles are on your Nissan?
-What type of engine is in your Nissan?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer:

notify me by email.

Customer:

2005 Quest, 75,000, v6, checked fuses, traced and checked wiring, cleaned sensors with toothbrush.

JOHN :

Sounds like you have a problem with module or a sensor. i'll send you the info to self diagnose it.

Full Size Image
Full Size Image
Full Size Image
Full Size Image

Customer:

I think I have done all of these, however will try again and report back when finished. One solution I found was to replace buzzer. t

Customer:

Sorry hit wrong button. The instructions indicated removing a panel in front of the steering wheel. My Quest has a storage compartment in front of the steering wheel. There is a panel behind the speedometer, but I do not see a way to remove. Thanks.

Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

The most common problem for the rear back up sensor not working is the speaker. It will turn off the system and not operate since it can not alert you. The speaker is located under the speedometer assembly. The top cover pops off, then remove the screws to the meter assembly, then there is a lower cover that has the speaker mounted to it. If you perform the self diag and you don't hear the speaker chime, then your problem is the speaker. Here is a image of it's location.graphicgraphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer