Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 FX45: Service engine light came on..batt..terminal

Customer Question
2003 FX45 with 100,000. Service...
2003 FX45 with 100,000. Service engine light came on. Didconnect neg batt terminal. Not car won't start
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Is the security light on solid when you try to start the truck?

Let me know, thanks Jay!

Well, I got it started by just letting it sit. Took it to autozone and got Code P1614 and P1610. (Nissan anti-theft system NATS failure) BUT.....The real culprit is the Camshaft Position Sensor. That code came up, and the service engine soon light is on now. Code P0345. I removed and cleaned the electrical terminals, still show code. going to order new one.

I think I activated the immobilizer by disconnecting the battery to clear the codes. what do you think. Car has started smooth about 10 times.

Disconnecting the battery, does a full rest on the car. The immobilizer code could have been there if you tried to start the car with a key not programed, or even if the car had a weak battery it could have set that code off.

The P0345 is Bank 2 cam sensor. That is on the back side of the engine on the drivers side.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
I don't think the sensor is on the back of the driver's side. Are you sure? Or are you confusing it with the FX35? I ahve teh FX45 V8. I found one on the front of the engine.
I am sorry, your right, I was thinking FX35 cause of the code. The FX45 doesn't have a Bank 2 cam sensor. Are you sure it's not a P0340 ?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
It was a P0340 Thaks for your help!

Keith
Ah, ok. Sorry for the Mix up before. That Bank 2 cam sensor code you gave me through me off.

Here is a image of the Bank 1 cam sensor location for you. Your right, it's right up front.graphic