Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

84 300zx: getting power..getting fuel..injectors but not in cylender…

Customer Question
i have a 84 300zx...
i have a 84 300zx get fire and injecters are getting power but not getting fuel to plugs get fuel to injectors but not in cylender
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/25/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

I understand your getting power to the injectors, but the ecm pulses a ground signal to the injector circuit with will allow the injector to work. Do you have a noid light to check injector pulse?

Let me know, thanks Jay!

no i dont i have a volt tester and when i try to start the car the injectors stay at same volt

Volt meter won't read the pulse since it's so fast. If you crank the engine over do you hear the injectors clicking if you put your hear to the handle of the screw driver and the blade to the injector?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
no i dont but it has a security system on it but dont know if that is it, i can pour gas down the air intake and it runs till the gas is gone i hit a puddle and it died then i put gas in the breathe intake and it cuaght on fire i put it out the only thing it burnt was one of the direct cylinder fuel lines it started before i changed that 2 inch line now i cant get it to start the security lite flashes all the time and dont shut off only when i crank the engine over could it be the system need reset
I don't think it's the security system. But we can look into that a second. It doesn't take long.

Open all the windows and close all doors and hood. Then lock the drivers door with the key and the security light should turn solid. Then wait 30 seconds after it turns soild, then it should start to blink again. When it starts to blink, just reach in and open the door and see if the alarm goes off.

Let me know, thanks Jay!
the light never went sold but it goes off when i turn the key on and flashes when i try to start the car
what did the light do when you locked the doors?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
stayed flashing never stoped flashing was locked for 2 min
Did you try reaching in and opening the car up to see if the alarm would go off?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
yes and it dont go off the light just keeps flashing
hmm. Did you check all fuses with a test light?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
yes i had a cutlas the did the same thing when the security light flashed when u tryed to start it u had to wait for it to go off before the car would start it would crank over but not start now this one is doing the same thing but not shuting off this has been like this for about 3 months now i get fuel to everything get spark to everything but not getting fuel from the injectors before the car would start and when u tryed the security light never came on whe cranking but would flash the whole time the car was off now when u crank it it flashed i have pulled the battery for days at a time pulled modulers for the theft system it wont reset
Is this the factory alarm we are talking about? Is it a small red light?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
its orange flashes right on the dash security it says chapman security sytem on a box on floor board but i have unhooked it and it would run i hooked it back up then this started messing up and still dont have any affect the chapman is an aftermarket but the security light that is flashing is in the dash just like your check engine light
Did you try unhooking that chapman alarm again?

Let me know, thanks Jay!

the chapman alarm is a aftermarket and yes i have and it didnt change anything how do i reset the factory alarm or bypass it or do u think it might be something else

I think it's something else. How did this problem start?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
i hit a water puddle about 4 inches deep then i was driving and it just die i got it home it sat for a few weeks then i started it but i caught a fuel line on fire before i got it home i put gas in the turbo air intake and it caught on fire put it out and brought it home i changed the 2 inch fuel line but it started before i changed it now it wont start but i can put gas in the air intake and it will run till the fuel is gone the injectors are not working is what i can come up with its either the security or something in the computer telling it not to fire but i dont know what else it could be the injectors are getting power but from what i can tell not pulseing
The computer is what determines injector pulse. The computer grounds each injector, it does not give power to the injectors. Most likely the computer is not sending the injector pulse to the injectors. That is why it runs on fuel if you spray it in. Cause the injector is not pulsing to allow fuel into the engine. I would have the Ecm checked to see if that is your problem.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!