Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1994 Q45: rebuilt fuel injectors..engine light was on..tune it also.

Customer Question
1994 Q45 Infiniti: just had...
1994 Q45 Infiniti: just had rebuilt fuel injectors installed because engine was running irregulary, engine light was on. they had to tune it also. Now it is running worse and is hard to start (nned to pump gas first). brough car back and told it was leaves in the air filter and car seemed okay at mechanic. Now it is running irregulary again only worse and is hard to start. I do admit that I do not drive the car all that much but it seems to me that it has something to due with they way they did this $ 2000 job
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/25/2010
Nissan Mechanic: jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician replied 8 years ago
jeffrey590
jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Good AfternoonCustomer You are 100% correct...The car should run like new after a $2000 repair bill; not worse!! Since the engine light was on there should be fault codes stored in the computer...You need to find out what they were and post them so I can see what was actually wrong...I would be suspicious of the injectors having to be replaced when most times they can be cleaned along with the valves using a good top end cleaner run through the engine...Also they tuned it for you...How can they tune engine without at least cleaning the air filter?? Call them back and demand they either repair the vehicle or refund your money...If I can assist further please let me know...jeffrey590
jeffrey590
jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Well they told me that they lost the engine codes but did fix another item which was electronic and had something to do with "vacuum". I did see the part and and can point to it but do not know what it is called. At any rate the car runs fine now except that only intermittently it is hard to start and I know it is not the battery. Could this be the starter? Every time I left the car at the mechanic it started right away even while cold so this only sort of happens when I am starting the car. The other thing now it that the coolant is leaking and sometimes it is drop or two or it can be up to about 16 ounces. I understand that there is a product that you can put into the coolant that will fix the leak but is this safe to use?