Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

having intermittent..compressor doesnt always kick in...works fine…

Customer Question
having intermittent a/c problem. compressor...
having intermittent a/c problem. compressor doesn't always kick in. when it does it works fine all day. computer issue?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/25/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Sounds like a compressor clutch or relay issue.. Are there any other problems with the vehicle blower motor etc?
Blower works fine on heat and on A/C. Just doesn't get cold at times. Relay works when energized (so I'm told). They are focusing on the computer. Would the compressor clutch work intermittently?
Thanks
Yes what happens when it heats up it then turns the compressor off . If it was a computer issue it would not work at all. I would have them focus on the compressor clutch or sticking expansion valve. These are the next steps .

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
turned out to be the A/C presure switch.
Thanks for the try.
Excellent glad its fixed and it was an inexpensive fix.