Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 nissan altima: the security system keeps going..disable…

Customer Question
i have a 2001 nissan...
i have a 2001 nissan altima, the security system keeps going off, how can i disable it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/24/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic, Mobile Elect., ARA Cert. replied 8 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic, Mobile Elect., ARA Cert.

Find the GREEN / YELLOW (-) wire located at the Smart Entrance Control Timer"
It Is A BLUE Module Located Behind The Driver Dash To The Right Of The Steering Column.

Connect one end of a piece of wire to the GREEN / YELLOW (-) wire
Connect the other end of the piece of wire to Ground - (chassis)
This will DisArm the Factory Alarm until the wire is removed

If the Alarm still falses, the the Alarm Module is bad & needs to be Replaced

If this has helped, please click ACCEPT

i am not a mechanic, i am not going to go into my dash and risk messing up anything, i wanted to know if i could do anything, like pulling a fuse, etc to fix this . thanks any way but i dont need anything else.

You asked "How to disable"
That is the answer

Removing Fuse or Alarm Unit would disable a number of components, including Ignition & Lights

Sorry the answer was not to your liking, but I am just the messenger & not aware of your mechanical ability

Please click ACCEPT to honor your commitment & my time