Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 m45: rear shocks..sport..them and the dealership wants $210 ea.

Customer Question
Where can I find the...
Where can I find the correct rear shocks for my 2006 m45 with sport package? Can't seem to find them and the dealership wants $210 ea.!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/25/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 8 years ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi welcome to JA.com.I will assisted you best i can

These shocks are good and for half the price check out this link

Shocks

Need further assistance please let me know.
Regards Greg

Greg,

The link you sent shows both a Rancho and Pro Comp shock. I'm assuming both will work with my M45's sport suspension. Any thoughts on which is the best shock for my application. I would prefer the shock that will give me a less harsh ride than I have now.

Thanks,

Go Rancho,

As i have the most experiance with them and all my customer that i have installed in there cars are very happy with them.

Regards Greg

Greg,

Sorry, but one other question. The info shows the collapsed height of the Rancho shock at 21.125" and the Pro Comp at 18.82". Is the Rancho going to change my ride height. It also states that they're for Off-road use only?

I'm so sorry i just gave you the wrong page my fault .

your car has struts .

Struts

This KYB are the correct part for your car.

These shocks are the once that are used for you car and are the same as what you have only under the dealer name

regards Greg.

Edited by Greg on 6/25/2010 at 12:46 AM EST
Greg
Greg, import technician

Greg,

Did you mean to provide me with a link to KYB or a part number? There's nothing in your response?

Recheck i edited it

Greg,

I'm pretty sure what you found was the same ones that I found. These are for the standard suspension model. The dealership wants $210 each for the sport shocks, twice the standard model. I checked with Autoanything on the shock in your link and it's only for the standard suspension.

I'm going to approve the payment to you for your time. I still appreciate the effort. If you can find any other info I would appreciate it. Otherwise I'll keep researching.

Thanks for your time.

Hi

Just checked all the best suspension companies and for the M45 is zero

Koni, blistien and other sport suspension specialist have nothing for the M45??.

KYB is probely your only solution

Regards Greg