Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 Nissan: work fine..highway speeds..slipping..the clutch…

I have a 2004 Nissan...
I have a 2004 Nissan 350Z.
The air conditioner seems to work fine when I am driving a highway speeds but does not cool well a idle. I thought that the cutch may be slipping. I checked it and it seems to work ok, however the clutch does disengage frequantly at idle and does stay off long enought that the air is not cold. Got any clues?
Robert
6/24/2010
Tim's Auto Repair

hi

you need to check the freon with a good manifold gage set.....from what you are saying,,it sounds as if it is low on freon

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Relist: Freon charge is up to par, something else is wrong..
Freon charge is up to par, something else is wrong.
Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician

Hello I will help with your question please remember to click the ACCEPT when done I don't get paid unless you do

you should check to make sure the electric fan on the radiator is coming on when the ac is on . the ac needs to have that fan pulling air through the condenser and radiator so it can take the heat away from the freon also if there is no air flow the high side pressure will increase to the point where it will cycle the compressor off a lot . that would also explain why the ac gets cold when cruising because ram air coming through takes the heat out and allows the system to work normally

Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician