Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

how do you remove and relace the igntion switch on a 93 Infifity J30…

Customer Question
how do you remove and...
how do you remove and relace the igntion switch on a 93 Infifity J30
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
The electrical part correct?

yes

There is a bulletin on this did you call your dealer with the vin number to see if its covered ?
no
While I try to post the info give them a quick call on this bulletin and see if its covered.
Models: 1993 J30
Section: Electrical System
Classification: EL94-007
Bulletin No.: IBT94-034
Date: April 22, 1994

J30 ACCESSORY POWER LOSS/IGNITION KEY STICKS

APPLIED MODEL:
1993 Infiniti J30 (JY32) APPLIED VIN:
JNKAY21D*RM100032 APPLIED DATE:
July 5, 1993

Give them the bulletin number.

ok

they said the car service records has has been removed from their system and i have to call coroporate to have it reinstated.

Corporate says repair is not covered if it is out of warrenty.

Ok it should be covered lifetime .Let me post the directions.
ok
Having trouble uploading hang in there.

waiting

Ok having trouble uploading .Heres how .Remove steering column covers.Unplug connector from fuse box.Make sure there are no keys in ignition and in park.Remove 2 screws securing the switch remove switch install new.Thats it pretty easy.Can not upload my diagrams but this is for Honda same procedure basically.

clickhere

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
What connector do you want unplugged from the fuse box? The ignition switch itself has a connector - is that what you are referring to?

Did you get this or did I hit the wrong box?

Yes the one that goes directly into the fuse box remove that first.