Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nissan: V6..airflow..meter..idling..a aitrflow of another vehicle that…

Customer Question
Bought Nissan Hardbody V6 3.3...
Bought Nissan Hardbody V6 3.3 4 X 4 auto 2004 without airflow meter. Was starting and idling so I tried to connect a aitrflow of another vehicle that is not nissan.After that vehicle does not start at all even tried disconnecting airflow meter. What went wrong. Please also where can I find a 2nd hand nissan airflow meter or what is my other options. Please reply on my wife's e-mail or contact me on XXXXXXXXXX Thanks Nathan Neumann
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/24/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Ok does the car even crank over ?Have you checked fuses?You could of shorted out the ecm?Is the check engine light on?
The engine light comes on if you switch it on and if you crank it, the engine light flickers. I have checked fuses.
Ok if the engine light flickers sounds like the wrong Maf shorted the ECM . Has this been checked?