Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

98 Q45: usual source of a leaky ps assembly..serpentine belt…

Customer Question
2 questions for a '98...
2 questions for a '98 Q45: 1. what is the usual source of a leaky PS assembly, BTW the pump, itself is new. 2. is it difficult to change the serpentine belt?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/18/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Ok is the leak coming from the rack itself?
no, from one of the ps hoses
Most common is the high pressure power steering hose becomes pouress that goes to the rack I would start there and check that hose.As for the serpentine belt its not hard just make sure you have the diagram of the routing under the hood .Also take a good look before removing it so it will make it easier installing the new one .Its not hard to do at all.

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
degree of difficulty to replace the hose? Is it possible to get a repair manual diagram?
Its a really tight fit .If you can wait Ill see what I can post tonight if anything.Going to sons baseball playoff game now .
thanks
any luck on the instructions for replacing the hp hose?
Still searching have not forgotten.