Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

infiniti: After parking it I went back to the car appx..raining)

Customer Question
My infiniti seemed to be...
My infiniti seemed to be working well. After parking it I went back to the car appx. 2 hours later and powered it up to close windows (it was raining) and shut down the power. 2-3 hours after that I attempted to start the car and it had no power. The engine failed to turn over and would not start even with a "jump."

What are the possible problems?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
6/13/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

What model Infiniti? Also let me know if you have push button start.

Thanks Jay!
2007 g35x with push button start
Most common I have seen with dead battery issues with push button start cars, is when the customer goes to turn the car off, they press the start button multiple times and quickly leave the car. Not knowing that they walked away and left the key on. So what I would do is have the battery charged and checked. If there is no voltage draw on the electrical system, you may have done this by mistake. So even if you tried to jump it, especially with push button start cars, if you don't have enough voltage, it will not engage the starter.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!

Edited by Jay on 6/13/2010 at 7:07 PM EST
Thanks for the obvious.
That is what I have seen, and have encountered customers doing that.

If you want to check to see if there is a draw, you should have no more than .05 amps.If you have more than that, then you would pull fuses one by one till you pull one that drops the draw with in that range. Then that is the circuit that would need to be checked. There also have been some vent control valves that can cause a draw.