Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Nissan titan: abs brake..light stays on with the slip light..sensors

Customer Question
abs brake problem on nissan...
abs brake problem on nissan tittan 2005. light stays on with the slip light. cleaned the sensors ,front and rear. code reader does not show any codes.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/28/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Nathan, Nissan Technician replied 7 years ago
Nathan, Nissan Technician
So you have a "brake" and "slip" light on? Anything else?

If you disconnect the electrical plug connected to the brake fluid reservoir does the light turn off? Cycle the key from on to off. Check it again is the light off?
i have not tired that byet. i cleaned the sensors on all four wheels. and checked the fuses. only light that are on is the abs and the slip.
i unpluged the brake reservoir. cycled the key a few times ,abs ligt stays on ,slip light stays on and the four wheel drive light stays on.
Oh it isn't the "brake" light that is on?

The lights you are mentioning, if they are on there will be a code stored. But most scanners don't have the ability to read abs codes. How did you check for codes?

Edited by Nathan on 3/28/2010 at 4:06 PM EST
The Nissan Consult 2 or Consult 3 is what needs to be used. Of course this is only available through the dealer.
i have a code reader,it says the computer has no codes.the code it reads are the basic i guess. anyway the truck wont go into four wheel drive and the abs light stays on and the slip light stays on unpluged the brake ras,and lights just stay on all the light abs,slip and four wheel.
Yes your code reader is only going to read engine codes that get stored in the ECM.
ABS codes are stored in the Anti lock Control Module. There are some readers out there that say they can read ABS codes but I haven't tried them out.

I would suggest you allow a dealer to check the codes for you. You could also call some local parts stored to see if they have something to read the codes with and if they will do it for you. They may do it for free.

There is likely a wheel speed sensor problem. When the Abs module can't see all 4 wheel speeds it will disable the 4x4 unit to prevent it from damaging itself.
Nathan, Nissan Technician
thank you for your time.
Happy to help, if you need further assistance let me know.
Nathan, Nissan Technician