Nathan, Nissan Technician
Experience:  17+ sole Nissan Experience, Master ASE and Master Nissan trained.
19225669

my power port went out in my nissan versa. the power port

my power port went out in my nissan versa. the power port fuse looks good under the dash. I was wondering if there are any other fuses that need to be checked. It was working fine and then just lost power. I checked all of the fuses, that I could pull out. They were all good. When it went out my computer was hooked up to it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 years ago.
There are I believe 2 or 3 fuses for various power ports in this vehicle.
I can look them up in the morning and provide an illustration of their locations.
There is a IPDM that is located just behind the battery that contains fuses as well and should be checked. It is likely that one of these is burned out.

Please respond to this question so that I get a reminder from JustAnswer to complete this question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I checked the IPDM behind the battery. There is a 20 amp fuse that I can pull out, but it is good. There are several different types of other fuses in there like I have never seen. It could be on of them I think. If you could show me the picture that would sure help. Also I have checked all of the fuses under the dash by the drivers right knee and they appear to be good.

Thanks,

Darrell

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Does this car have a internal thermal protection fuse for the power port?
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 years ago.
No there is not therm am looking up illustrations for you now,
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 years ago.
Here are some illustrations of all the fuse boxes where fuses are contained.
Check each all of these fuses with a test light by attaching it to a god ground source and then probing each side of the fuse for power (do this with the key on) The fuse should have power to both sides if it is good.

graphic
graphic
graphic
graphic
graphic

check all these fuses. using a test light. Also check the power socket for power using a test light. There should be power in the center and the outer ring is ground.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If you could just tell which fuses take care of the power port I would appreciate it. You hav one marked on the fusebox inside the car, but which ones are the other two
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 years ago.
I haven't been able to isolate the other fuses which is why I need you to check them all with a test light. When you use a test light they all can be checked within a couple of minutes.

many times a fuse will power more than just one thing so please check them all.

Nissan used to have good service manuals but these new manuals have been deleting more and more information. Making things harder for the technician and the do it yourselfer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I will check all of the fuses with a test lite.