Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

1993 Nissan Quest: driver door will not unlock..power locks..key lock

I have a 1993 Nissan Quest XE. The driver door will not unlock with the power locks or the key from outside. Feels like key lock is binding. How can I get the door open to affect repair? Ideas on what the cause might be?
Thanks in advance.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Does the passenger or sliding door open? Can you get inside the van and open the door from the inside?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hey Jay
I can get into the vehicle. All of the other doors including the back one open. No I cannot open the door from the inside either.
Since the door doesn't open from the inside or the outside, the problem is most likely the door latch assembly. You may also need a door lock actuator.

Unfortunately the only way to get the door open is to remove the door panel. Which is going to be rather hard with out damaging it. Here is a image on the door panel and how it's secured. I know there are going to get some screws you can't get to cause the door is closed, but that is the only way to get the door open.graphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!