Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

2001 Sentra: Im working..1.8L..#1 is the only coil firing

I'm working on a 2001 Sentra 1.8L w/no spark to cyls 2,3,4. I pulled code 1320 on arrival.only coil #1 was not firing when this car came in, now #1 is the only coil firing. I have .563 volts at the ecm on coil #1,but only .025 on ave with the other three that aren't firing. Dealer says They've never sold an E.C.M for this model Nissan. coils are good, I suspect ecm but ??? what do You think?
HI there! When you pulled the ecm out of the case was there foam in the case?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
a piece of black foam
OK, the ecm is likely junk. There was a recall for the ecm case foam. The problem was the glue that holds the foam on when it gets hot,kills the transistors inside the ecm. I would not hesitate to replace the ecm. Make sure you remove the foam from the case as well. I have seen this on a lot of these.People just didn't get the foam recall done and it is killing the computers. Hope this helps!