Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 1998 Pathfinder and the alarm keeps going off for

I have a 1998 Pathfinder and the alarm keeps going off for no reason. I'd like to disable the security system since I don't have the electronic key anyway. How do I disable?
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

When the alarm is going off, are the head lights flashing or the parking lights?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The horn starts beeping and I think the headlights flash.
Ok, that would be the factory alarm. The factory alarm can not be disabled. If you have a remote for the truck, try removing the battery from the remote and see if the problem stops. If it does, then you have a bad remote setting off the alarm. That is the most common.

Other than that, the only other things that need to be checked are door switches, since the factory alarm system doesn't go off due to motion, only entry.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Since you mention the door switch issue, I have to mention that the only other problem with the truck is that the door open light on the dash sometime flashes and the intierior light comes on.

Could this be the cause? How do I troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks !!!

Absolutely. What I do to isolate what door is the problem, is have someone look at the indicator while I shake every door and see if I can get it to flicker. So if you have a door indicator light flickering, that is most likely your problem.