Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

How to replace a brake light on 2007 Nissan Pathfinder

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
11/9/2009
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Which brake light are you looking to replace?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Actually, they both seem to be out. The only one working is the top one along the roof line. It seemed like it might be a fuse, but we checked those and everything seemed to be okay. We decided it must be the bulb but cannot get it off.
Yeah, if the third brake light is working, then the brakes are getting the signal. Here is how you replace the bulbs. There are two 10 mm bolts securing the tail lamp to the car. After you have them removed, then with a flat head screw driver with a rag over the blade, pry and pop the light out. See image.graphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Well, we removed the bolts but the light fixture will not come off. We are worried to force it for fear of breaking something. It will open up a bit, but not come off.
The only thing holding it at this point is a plastic clip. That is why you use the flat head screw driver with a rag over the blade, to pop the light off.

Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician