Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Power windows dont work on 2003 nissan murano

Customer Question
power windows dont work on 2003 nissan murano
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
11/8/2009
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
HI there! Have you lost all of the windows?
yes
ok, there are actually 2 fuses in that box for the windows. #6 and #12. check them both and let me know please.
i have actually checked out ll the fuses in this fuse box paying special attention to #6 and #12,.just to be sure i did not see any numbers alongside the fuses and we are talking about the fuse box under the steering wheel area right.
yes, #12 is the top one on the right, #6 is nuber 6 down from the top on the left. HERE is a diagram of the fuse box. If you can, also check the fusible link out in the box along side the battery
all good and tested
OK, do you have a test light so we can check the master switch? or a voltmeter?
i have a voltmeter
Excellent!
You will need to pull the main switch out of the drivers side door panel and check for power on the following wires.
white/blue
white/red
Both should have battery voltage with the key on
white and blue will be in the larger connector and white/red in the 3 pin connector.
Check and let me know
will do stand by
i have voltages on the two connectors and i think when i pushed down on the big connector the windows started working,i guess i had loose connection on this,thanx for your help
Great news!
Glad to help! Thanks
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
you guys are great as the forum says,thanx once again
Thank you for the accept!
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician