Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician
8127795

2006 nissan altima: the throttle body replaced..idling..even start

Customer Question

i had the throttle body replaced on my 2006 nissan altima 2 weeks ago. It died while idling today and now won't even start. Help!!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy replied 7 years ago.

HI!

If the car died and will not start the most common problem we see is the crank sensor can go bad and cause this problem , you will need to have the control unit scanned for a failure code , to know for sure what your problem is , we see a lot of crank sensor problems. the throttle body will not cause this type of problem , Thanks let me know if you have more questions, ROY!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
could what its doing be tied to what the mechanics did in repairing the throttle body. I think the dealership should pay to have this repaird.
Expert:  Roy replied 7 years ago.

HI!

What happens is this will stick , did you get the part from the dealer let me know Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yup. I drove it off the lot and turned around the next day because the service engine light when on. The dealer fixed it and gave it back, Iv'e it for about 2 weeks
Expert:  Roy replied 7 years ago.

HI!

There is also a recall for a reprogram for stalling , I would have the dealer do this for you and also check the sensor , this would not be caused by the throttle body here is the bulletin for the stalling problem Thanks ROY!graphic