Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 Murano: randomly..the panic alarm will go off during the day…

Customer Question
My daughter has a 2003...
My daughter has a 2003 Murano and her panic alarm is possessed! It randomly goes off in the middle of the night, sometimes all night long. She was told to change the internal clock so that the panic alarm will go off during the day. This morning our neighbors got a 5:30am wake up call, than 8am and again at 10am. Is there a fuse we can pull until we can get it to a Nissan dealer?
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: Nissan
8/31/2009
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 13 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

How often does the alarm go off?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
It seems to go off three times a week if we get very humid weather and or a heavy rain. I will need to ask my daughter. She in not at home right now. She just moved back from Fl. so she would have that info.
Well lets try this. If it happens 3 times a week. I am willing to wait for these results.

Tell her for one week not to use her remotes. Take the batteries out of them. If the alarm keeps sounding, then we will need to look another direction. If it does not go off for a week, then you most likely have a bad remote.

Let me know how you make out. Thanks Jay!

Ok, we will try this and get bad to you.

Thanks

Ok, let me know.

Thanks Jay!

She states that the key fob was with her on Sunday. It usually happens for a week and she states that it somehow relates to the internal clock. When it does go off, it happens in three's 6am, 8am 10am....

She doesn't understand why it would not happen if the remote was not used. She did not use the remote for 36hrs and it went off today at 12noon. If you still feel that she should not use the remote for a week, than she will do this. Our neighbors are ready to ax the car :(

There is no internal clock in the car that could set the alarm off. I have seen water get into the door harness and cause the alarm to go off by it's self intermittently as well as a door lock actuator. I would see if you can take it some where to have this checked and maybe leave it there for a few days to show them. In the mean time, if you want, just pull the horn fuse when you park the car so if the alarm goes off, the horn will not sound.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!