Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

How do you remove the headlamp assembly on a 2004 Altima

Hi there! You have to remove the front bumper coder to get to the rest of the bolts. Here is some help! Thanks
graphic
graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm not sure if this is a good answer or not. You refer to removing the bumper "coder" . But I don't know what a coder is. Also the image supplied is of a Maxima, not an Altima and there is no code to the numbers on the diagram. It actually appears in the diagram that you would need to remove the lamp assembly before you could remove the bolt on the upper left of the cowling to remove it. That seems backwards. Can you clarify?
The altima and the maxi require the same procedure to remove the assembly. I sent the picture to help guide you as to where and what bolts and clips need to be removed. Starting with the clips on the grill, there are also clips and bolts along the inner fenders that must be removed, then the cover will come off so you can access the remaining bolts for the light assembly