Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Can I program a new intelligent key myself for a 2008 Sentra

Customer Question
or do I need to...
Can I program a new intelligent key myself for a 2008 Sentra or do I need to have the dealer do it?
I purchased the transmitter from the dealer but they want $100.00 to program.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
7/18/2009
Nissan Mechanic: BigBob, Shop manager/technician replied 8 years ago
BigBob
BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Greetings,

KEYFOB ID SET UP WITHOUT CONSULT-III

NOTE:
  • If a keyfob is lost, the ID code of the lost keyfob must be erased to prevent unauthorized use. A specific ID code can be erased with CONSULT-III. However, when the ID code of a lost keyfob is not known, all controller ID codes should be erased. After all ID codes are erased, the ID codes of all remaining and/or new keyfobs must be re-registered. To erase all ID codes in memory, register one ID code (keyfob) five times. After all ID codes are erased, the ID codes of all remaining and/or new keyfobs must be re-registered.
  • When registering an additional keyfob, the existing ID codes in memory may or may not be erased. If five ID codes are stored in memory, when an additional code is registered, only the oldest code is erased. If less than five ID codes are stored in memory, when an additional ID code is registered, the new ID code is added and no ID codes are erased.
  • If you need to activate more than two additional new keyfobs, repeat the procedure "Additional ID code entry" for each new keyfob.
  • Entry of maximum five ID codes is allowed. When more than five ID codes are entered, the oldest ID code will be erased.
  • Even if same ID code that is already in the memory is input, the same ID code can be entered. The code is counted as an additional code
graphic
let me know if I can help further.

Good luck,
Bob

BigBob
BigBob, Shop manager/technician

information requested was for a "2008 Sentra Intelligent Key" The answer received did not work because it is for a "Key Fob" not an "Intelligent Key". Please provide the correct answer for programming a "2008 Sentra Intelligent Key" or refund my $15.

Thank You

I'm sorry I overlooked the intelligent key in your question, I will get you a refund. The intelligent key cannot be done without the drb III you will have to go to the dealer.

Bob
BigBob
BigBob
BigBob, Shop manager/technician