Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My 2004 Nissan Frontier has a built in thermostat - a

Customer Question
thermistor that is causing the...
My 2004 Nissan Frontier has a built in thermostat - a thermistor that is causing the compressor to cycle off too frequently. I can bypass this without too much trouble by simple installing my own switch & relay to engergize the compressor clutch. My question is, in bypassing and making the compressor run non-stop (until I switch it off), do I risk damaging something in the system? With the current operation, everytime the outlet temp gets to about 55F, the compressor clicks off, resulting in pretty sad cooling performance. I remember some of my dads cars blowing way colder, even getting frosty around the chrome trim on the outlets. Any help appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/15/2009
Nissan Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 8 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
If the compressor is cycling to quick this is not the thermistor in the evaperator, it is the low side cut out switch, assuming the refrigerant is full.These are cheap and easy to replace.Would you like a diagram? Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH