Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

My power antenna wont go up and down, but the motor still works

My power antenna won't go up and down, but the motor still works. Can I get a lower cost alternative to the manufacturer's part that will work as well? My car is a 10 year old I30t. Thanks.
hi, what you have is a broken antenna mast, that is the wire that pull the antenna in the motor , you can fix this two ways , you can replace the motor that will come with the mast if you get it aftermarket it will run you about $150, or you can get the mast at the dealer and just replace that , you will have to remove the motor take it apart remove the broken mast then feed the new mast in the motor this will run you about $75 at the dealer for the parts , if you have more question please ask .