Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician
8127795

What does the Check engine code u1000 indicate?

HI!

What year and type of car do you have ? Thanks ROY!

HI!

This is a "can" code for poor communication of the control modules, in the can system you could have a bad ground or connection. Let me know if you need more help Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What is the can system? Is this a serious problem that needs immediate attention or is it something that can wait a bit? If it is serious, what can we do about it?

HI!

I need to know the type of car ?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Sorry, I didn't realize I needed to type that in again. It's a 2005 Nissan Xterra, V-6 4.0 engine.

Just in case I will repeat the question. I have a u1000 check engine code coming up. You replied it could be a bad ground or connection in the "can" system. My question is:

Thanks,
Amy

OK!

The can system is the (control area network) the communication of all the control units , the can code for your truck is a common type of problem, there is a repair bulletin for this the grounds on the dash harness are not tight and will trip this code, I have not seen it cause a problem you can reset the code it might not come back on again, if it does the dash will have to be removed and tighten all the harness grounds and clean them, Thanks let me know if you have more questions, ROY!