Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2001 nissan frontier: replacing the #6 cylinder spark plug..tread

replacing the #6 cylinder spark plug how do i get the plug to tread on a 2001 nissan frontier
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

The number 6 spark plug is quite a pain in the @$!# XXXXX I normally fight with that plug first so the rest are easy. The way I get it is first i use a blow gun with a flex hose, to blow out the debree around the plug, so when removed the dirt doesn't fall into the cylinder. Then with a 3 inch spark plug socket, swivel and another 3 inch extension, I am able to reach down and get the plug out. Then to put it back in, you put the plug in the socket and lay it in the galley and make sure you start it by hand, by using the extension and socket. Then after you are sure you have it started, then use the ratchet to tighten it up.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have tried this my problem is getting the plug started it does not seem to tread into the cylinder is there a certain angle it must be you would think nissan would make this easier.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
If you can, climb up on to the engine and look at how spark plug number 2 is set into the head. Spark plug number 6 is angled the same way. It's at around 11 o clock angle slightly leaning towards the firewall.

Thanks Jay!