Ask Infiniti Nissan Specialist Your Own Q...
Infiniti Nissan Specialist
Infiniti Nissan Specialist, ASE master technician
Experience:  Infiniti Nissan specialist. ASE Master technician. 25+ years general automotive experience
6946944

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION shifter..PARK POSITION..BRAKE PEDAL

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SHIFTER WILL NOT MOVE OUT OF THE PARK POSITION WITH THE IGNITION ON AND THE BRAKE PEDAL DEPRESSED.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  lostrider replied 8 years ago.

Hi James this is lostrider,

-What type of Ford do you have?

-What size engine does your Ford have?

-Need you to look and see if the brake lights on your vehicle are working?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THIS IS A 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA 3.5SE 6 CYCLINDER-AUTOMATIC- COMPLAINT TSB#04098 ON COMPLAINTS.COM
Expert:  lostrider replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the reply, your in the wrong area, this is the Ford section, I will try to transfer your question to the Nissan experts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
LIKE I SAID , THIS IS NOT A FORD. IT IS A 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA 3.5SE AUTOMATIC-4 DOOR.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THANK YOU, XXXXX XXXXX PLEASE TRANSFER ME TO THE NISSAN EXPERTS.
Expert:  Infiniti Nissan Specialist replied 8 years ago.
Hi James, it sounds like your shift interlock solenoid is not activating. Do you hear or feel anything from the shifter area when pressing the brake? Are your brake lights working properly? Has anything been spilled on the shifter indicator area? If the brake lights are not working properly, check the brake switch for proper continuity. This switch is up under the drivers dash area and makes contact with the top of the brake pedal. If the switch doesn't work, the shift lock solenoid will not work. Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.
Experience: Infiniti Nissan specialist. ASE Master technician. 25+ years general automotive experience