Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

variable controlled timing sensor on a 2002 nissan sentra?

where is the variable controlled timing sensor on a 2002 nissan sentra?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

What size engine? 1.8 or 2.5?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1.8
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
The sensor is located on the front of the engine. See image.graphic

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
is it internal or external b/c I don't see it
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
It's part internal and part external. I believe it has a green connector to it. If you are standing on the passenger side of the engine it's on the left pointing in the direction like 2:00 O clock. From the left side of the front of the engine.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I'm sorry sir but there is nothing like that on that side. can you give me a more clear description if possible.

Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
If you have a 2002 Sentra with a 1.8. Then please look at the image I gave you. It shows it's exact location.graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

we been all over that area theirs nothing their, have already changed camshaft sensor

and crankshaft position sensor but still cant find varible controlled timing senor.

Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
I am sorry, its there. As I said, if you have a 2002 Sentra with a 1.8, it's right where I am trying to show you. The only other suggestion I have is for you to take a picture of the front of your engine and I will put a arrow to it's location for you.

Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
Which one of these images does your engine look like?graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

graphic this is the engine and I'm looking there's no wires or nothing on that side. I appriciate your help. I'm going to go to this another mech. and see if they can find it. I also read the manual and it has nothing about this third sensor. I don't know what to do. I've had 5 mech. already looking at it and no one seems to know where this thing is

Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
That motor is for a 2003. It does not have the sensor, that is why you can't find it. The 2002 motor has the black valve cover. Your motor has a timing solenoid on top of the valve cover.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX alot b/c I was wrecking my brain trying to find it. Now I'm disappointed that nissan would sell it to me knowing my car doesn't have it and now I can't return it b/c it's an electrical partYell. Thank you for your help.

Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
Your welcome. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com