Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2001 nisan sentra 1.

Customer Question
8 engine not firing on...
2001 nisan sentra 1. 8 engine not firing on #1 cyl replaced coil pack,sparkplug,injector,has 120-150 lbs compresson help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/19/2009
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 8 years ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
hi do you have a constant misfire or do it go away after some time   and do you know if it is a lock of fuel or sparks causing the mis
no spark at all
on just cylinder number one

yes just cyl 1

good compresson,no spark,injectors work tested them with my mac tool
has power to the plug in on top of the coilpack too
ok you will have to check for power and ground to the wires at the coils
it has power and ground on the coils
how about the signal from the ecm.
how do u check that i took the ecm to have it rebuilt they said it was ok
check for power at the brown wire at the coil when turning the key i think you have A bad ecm you have power and ground and the coil is new there is nothing els but the ecm i have seen the circuit inside the ecm open and cause a misfire on this model i think you may will need to replace it

ok

if this have help please press the accept button if you have more question please ask .
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech