Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

i have a 2004 nissan armada..low beam headlamps wont work...high

Customer Question
beam does...low beam fuses have...
i have a 2004 nissan armada..low beam headlamps wont work...high beam does...low beam fuses have no power...cannot find headlamp relays...new multifunction switch on steering colum did not fix problem...can you help?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Nissan
12/12/2008
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 9 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

You are checking power for the head light fuse at the IPDM correct? The Relays are part of the IPDM. You have now power at the fuse? Either side? Do you have a test light?

Let me know. Thanks Jay!
no power on either side of fuse...yes, i am using a testlight
the right side head light works fine?

Let me know, thanks Jay!

no low beam lights on either side...there are two low beam headlamp fuses..neither one has power...both high beam fuses have power, and high beam headlamps work

The low beam relay seems to allow power to the low beam fuse. It could also be the IPDM not grounding the relay to work it also. The relay can no be sold separately since it's part of the IPDM. So you are most likely going to need to replace the IPDM to repair the problem. Here is the diagram so you can see what I am saying.graphic

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
the wireing diagram you are using, would it show a fusible link if there was one between the battery and IPDM?Also, are you aware of any ground wire that may be located else where that the IPDM relys on?
You said High Beams work. If High Beams did not work, I may think it was a power problem to the IPDM, but you said they worked, so it would indicate to me a internal problem in the IPDM. The IPDM is a control unit. It grounds the relay, there are no other grounds to check, since the IPDM grounds the circuit. Fusible links do not seem to apply to the problem you are having.

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
thankyou...
Your welcome. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com and have a happy holiday.

Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician