Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a Nissan Navara D22 pick-up, the speedo has stopped

Customer Question
working, the rev counter works...
I have a Nissan Navara D22 pick-up, the speedo has stopped working, the rev counter works fine and all the other instruments are fine, what could be the cause? is it something simple like the speedocable or is there a sensor on the gearbox that is likely to have broken.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2008
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 9 years ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
hi what year is your car and is the check engine light on ?

hi, its a 2004 rally raid limited edition twin cab, its got 38000 miles on the speedo, but then as its not working not sure what the correct mileage is. I obtained a workshop manual on CD, and looking at the schematics on the gearbox, it appears the 2wd version has a speedo sensor, but i couldnt see one on the 4wd schematic. Im in the UK.

Cheers

is the check engine light on ?
sorry missed that question, no its not.
you may have a problem whit the rev / speed sensor or the gage cluster itself since the mil light is not no start by checking all the fuse and removing the cluster and checking for loose connection behind the cluster

cheers XXXXX XXXXX reply, can you advise where the sensor on the 4wd D22 gearbox is located as I said, ive looked on the manual CD, but its not shown, any pointers as to where it is? if you were underneath the vehicle looking towards the front of it, would it be on the right hand or left hand side, and is it easy to distinguish from the reversing sensor? Also, am i right in thinking to remove the instrument cluster, I have to remove the steering wheel as thats what the manual infers, but it seems like a lot of grief just to remove the instrument cluster.

many thanks for quick replies though.

the sensor is on the trans to the rear on the left side above where the exhaust bolts on to the trans by a bracket
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech