Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Best way to replace rear spark plug in 2001 Nissan Frontier truck?

Customer Question
What is the best way...
What is the best way to replace rear spark plug in 2001 Nissan Frontier truck?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Nissan
11/16/2008
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 9 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

I am assuming you are inquiring on plug#6 in the rear by the firewall. Thats the only plug that is a pain in the %*#. Excuse my French. I actually have a 3 tools that reach in there easy, but they are not something someone would have home in there garage. I use a 3 inch extension with a impact swivel and a 4 or 5 inch spark plug socket. It slips right in there. I would see if you can use a spark plug socket with a 3 inch extension then swivel and another 3 inch extension and see how that reaches. You may need to bend the metal brake lines a little to get your hand down there to guide it into place.

There really is no trick. The trick is to figure out what tools can make it just a little easier.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician