Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

how do i reset my anti theft system on my 2003 nissan sentra

Customer Question
gxe?...
how do i reset my anti theft system on my 2003 nissan sentra gxe?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Nissan

2003 Nissan sentra gxe

Already Tried:
turning the key in the lock.
taking out the fuse and starting it.
11/12/2008
Nissan Mechanic: AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC replied 9 years ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC

Hello!

1. Operation Flow
2. Setting The Vehicle Security System

Initial condition

Ignition switch is in OFF position. Disarmed phase When the vehicle security system is in the disarmed phase, the security indicator lamp blinks every 2.6 seconds .
Pre-armed phase and armed phase
When the following operation 1 or 2 is performed, the vehicle security system turns into the "pre-armed" phase. (The security indicator lamp illuminates.)

Smart entrance control unit receives LOCK signal from key cylinder switch or keyfob after hood, trunk lid and all doors are closed.
Hood, trunk lid and all doors are closed after front doors are locked by key, lock/unlock switch or keyfob. After about 30 seconds , the system automatically shifts into the "armed" phase (the system is set). (The security indicator lamp blinks every 2.6 seconds .)
3. Canceling The Set Vehicle Security System
When the following 1 or 2 operation is performed, the armed phase is canceled.

Unlock the doors with the key or keyfob.
Open the trunk lid with the key or keyfob.
4. Activating The Alarm Operation of The Vehicle Security System
Make sure the system is in the armed phase. (The security indicator lamp blinks every 2.6 seconds .)

When the following operation 1 or 2 is performed, the system sounds the horns and flashes the headlamps for about 50 seconds .

Engine hood, trunk lid or any door is opened during armed phase.
Disconnecting and connecting the battery connector before canceling armed phase.

graphic
We replaced the battery and now the car won't start. We think the anti theft system was triggered, so the key fob will not lock or unlock the doors or open the trunk. Do you know a way for the anti theft system to deactivate?

1. Smart entrance control unit receives LOCK signal from key cylinder switch or keyfob after hood, trunk lid and all doors are closed.

2. Hood, trunk lid and all doors are closed after front doors are locked by key, lock/unlock switch or keyfob. After about 30 seconds , the system automatically shifts into the "armed" phase (the system is set). (The security indicator lamp blinks every 2.6 seconds .)

There is no alarm in the car. There is only a key fob to unlock and lock the doors. We tried locking all the doors and holding down the lock button on the key fob. The key fob will not lock or unlock the door, but will engage the horn. Car will not start, lights do not work.
WHat is the security lamp doing?

Try closing all doors the trunk and the hood.

Insert the key into the drivers side outside door lock and turn it to the lock position and wait about 30 seconds.

That should do the trick

You said the lights do not work?

Are there any blown fuses?

DOes the dome light come on?

We tried unlocking the driver's side door manually and holding the key in the lock. It did not work. The dome light works, and some of the interior lights work. But it is as if the car has shut itself down to avoid theft. I am no longer near the car, and I will have it towed to a dealer tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

Sounds good!

Let me know!

ALso, check the security light for me and let me know!

AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC