Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

1998 altima: 2.4l..were to lign up the marks on the timing chain

i have a 1998 altima...
i have a 1998 altima with a 2.4l. i need to know were to lign up the marks on the timing chain?cam and crank
11/1/2008
Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
here is the pic, Thanks ROY!graphicgraphic
is this for the ka24de 2398cc motor?cause i tryed ligning it up and the intake cam the valves seem to be hitting the to of #1 cylinder?

Did you have the head off? turn it off tdc until you can rotate the cam to where you need it, Thanks ROY!

no i didnt take the head off its says you do but i got the oil pump/timing cover off just fine brb

ok!

It should line up unless you turned the crank off TDC.

Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Roy
Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician