Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Nissan: 4 cylinder,install timing chain guide..oil pump..rod

nissan truck 4 cylinder,install timing...
nissan truck 4 cylinder,install timing chain guide and upper and lower gear don't understand easy way to set the mark on the oil pump rod or timing rod that has a marking dot on it .
10/26/2008
Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician

HI!

Make sure the engine is on TDC with the crank pulley , then install the oil pump and gear with the dot on the gear and the v on the pump lined up, when in correct , looking from the drivers fender at the distributor hole the shaft should look like a clock at 11:35 to 12:30 straight up and down almost. if off you can turn the gear a little off the dot to line it up correctly. Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX know if you have any more questions, ROY! graphicgraphic

Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Relist: I still need help.
nissan 87 z24 engine2.4l install timing chain upper and lower gear guide pull the oil pump and gear rod turn crank to top dead center, line the two dot up install the gear and pump install the dist, where should the rotor be pointing at ,before #1 piston contact or after,i got the engine to run but ruff have to hold the pedal all the way to the floor cannot adj from the dist.

HI!

If you have the oil pump installed like I told you , the rotor should be at the #1 contact in the distributor cap on TDC of #1 cylinder Thanks ROY!

Roy
Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician