Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2001 Nissan Quest: knock sensor located on a 3.3L

Customer Question
Where is the knock sensor...
Where is the knock sensor located on a 3.3L in a 2001 Nissan Quest? [email protected]
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Nissan
4/23/2008
Nissan Mechanic: Clayso, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 years ago
Clayso
Clayso, ASE Certified Technician
HI there the knock sensor is located under the intake manifold, between the heads, I will get you the directions to replace the knock sensor. Labor time to replace Knock sensor is 5.2 hours.
Hi there the knock sensor is located under the intake maniforl between number 4 and 3 cylinders. Book time is 5.2 hours.
Clayso,
Are there 2 differnt types of sensors? I ordered a sensor. It looks like a donut with a connector. What I found is a screw in and the wire connections match the sensor they sent.
HI there one of my technicians has a 3.3 on a stand I felt up under the intake manifold and I felt where the knock sensor is mounted I will ask him tomarrow , I am sure it looks like a donut with a wired connector, I will verify in the morning.
Clayso,
Where you able to get the exact location of the knock sensor for me? It would be nice if I had a diagram or something to work off of. I know several good mechanics here but none of them have worked on one of these.

HI there the knock sensor is shaped like a small donut with a connector, the hole in the middle is for the securing bolt, this sensor goes on top of the block between the cylinder heads underneath the intake manifold, labor guide says it takes over 5 hours to change. This large amount of time to change a sensor means something has to be moved to change it, i.e.intake manifold has to be moved.

I know what the sensor looks like and I had the intake manifold off. It is not there. I called a Nissan dealer this morning and he said it was on the back of the motor near the trans. I can't find it there either. No one seems to have the answer.
Nissan Mechanic: Roy, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 years ago
Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
HI! Let me help the knock sensor is where clyso said it is in the block under the intake here is the Pic for your 2001 quest! Thanks ROY!graphic
Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Roy
Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician